Ever wondered how you can upload videos longer than 2 minutes and 20 seconds on Twitter? Twitter limits the length of videos posted on the site, to 140 seconds. So, you might have this long video that you want to share, and because of that restriction be compelled to either tweet just part of the video, or tweet the video in pieces. But there is a way to go around this limitation and share a video of up to 10 minutes in length. The secret is using Twitter Media Studio.
Media Studio is a platform to manage, measure and monetize your videos on Twitter. This tool is designed for people who advertise on Twitter. It enables you to do more with your media files, more especially videos by improving their quality, for instance; changing thumbnails, adding titles, captions, call to action buttons, and much more. You can also manage your previously uploaded content, including videos, images, and GIFs that you uploaded on Twitter, and even create new tweets that include any media in your library. In addition to that, Twitter Media Studio has features that help you manage media across multiple accounts and users.
How to upload long Twitter videos
If you wan to upload a video on Twitter that’s more than 2 minutes and 20 seconds long, here is a guide to help you out.
- Go to Media Studio Library, you will need to log in with your Twitter account. If you are unable to access the Media Studio then;
- Head over to your Twitter Ads Account. From there, click on the ‘Creatives’ tab at the top of the screen and select ‘Media’ and you’ll be connected to your Media Studio
- If still unable to access the Media Studio, you will have to contact Twitter through the Ads help. Under ‘Tweets, Cards & Videos’, select ‘I can’t access Media Studio’, describe your issue and then click on ‘Submit support ticket’. Twitter will be in touch to help you in accessing the Media Studio
- Once logged in, you will see the media files i.e photos, videos and gifs, you will also have an option to upload new media
- Click/tap on the ‘Upload Media’ button to upload the video you want from your device. You can upload several videos at once. The video(s) you want to upload, should be;
- MP4 or MOV
- Less than 1GB
- Up to 10 minutes in total length
- Once your select the video you want to upload, the upload will start automatically, and you can check the progress of the upload in the Media Studio
- After uploading the video, you can edit it; set a thumbnail, add a video title and description, add subtitles, add a call-to-action button, add geotargeting options or add a video category
- Twitter Media Studio saves all of the updates you make to your video automatically
- Once you have added all your desired elements, you can proceed to tweet the video right from your media library
- Click the blue Tweet button in the lower-right corner of the video you want to tweet, write the text of your tweet, and then click the ‘Tweet’ button.
- You can also schedule the tweet in Media Studio. To schedule a tweet, click the ‘Tweet’ button in the lower left of the video, write the text for your tweet, and click the ‘Schedule’ option. After you select a date and time to publish the tweet, click ‘Tweet’ so your content is published at the preselected time