Ezoic is an automated website testing company that enables publishers to evaluate and optimize ad placements and website layouts. It’s an award-winning end-to-end platform for digital publishers and website owners that helps them improve revenue, traffic, SEO, website speed, infrastructure, regulatory compliance, and more. Ezoic is a Google Certified Publishing Partner, helping its users leverage sophisticated tools and technologies to help make smarter decisions about their digital properties at scale.
Ezoic’s innovative platform uses real machine learning to perform data-driven experiments to help publishers grow revenue and improve user-experiences. The Ezoic platform leverages artificial intelligence to learn from website visitors with the goal of providing more personalized experiences that will improve on page experiences (session length) and drive up overall website ad revenue. The Ezoic platform features everything from intelligent website analytics to advanced automated visitor segmentation tools.
Ezoic is the number one fully automated layout improvement platform. If you are an independent publisher who is looking to improve your website, earn more money from advertising, and provide a better online experience for your visitors, Ezoic is the easiest way to do so – and it’s free! Let’s look into some of the features you can access with Ezoic:
1. Ad Tester
Ezoic’s Ad Tester enables publishers to automatically test new ad combinations within their current theme. The page layout doesn’t change – the only thing that changes are the ad sizes and positions on the page. Listed below are the main benefits of using Ezoic Ad Tester tool:
- No one set of ad locations suits every user – What works for one user may not work so well, or at all, for another. Fixed (static) ads, are unable to produce the best possible revenue. Ad placements customized to each individual user’s behaviour and preferences do – this is where Ezoic can help! The system, over time, will tailor each visit to your website to ensure your users are receiving a unique and individual experience, and you are making the most revenue, it’s truly a win-win
- Direct ad deals rarely beat offering your inventory to a competitive bidding environment – The whole industry is migrating to programmatic, reducing costs and generating more value for the seller (you)
- Sometimes AdSense and other ad networks outperform AdX – With Ezoic’s mediation app, they can continue to compete in the RTB auction, ensuring you always have the highest paying ads on your site. More info here
- To maximize revenue, you need to optimize your ad inventory on a per user basis – Optimizing the overall revenue generated from a user journey, rather than the highest page RPM, gets you the best bottom line revenue
- Fewer ads can generate more revenue – For example, Ezoic might determine that by removing a prominent ad above the fold of your landing page for some of your users, these users then go on to view more pages. This would then generate more revenue from impressions/clicks from ads on pages that these visitors would not have otherwise visited – thus increasing overall visitors/session income. Or maybe it’ll figure out that professionals viewing certain articles prefer text ads over image ads, or that users that come to a site from social networks are more likely to click on a native ad. The system identifies this and dynamically generates the best ad combinations for each individual, thus optimizing revenue and UX metrics
- Setting up is also easy and quick – You choose places on your site where you’d like the system to test ads of different sizes, types, colors etc.
- Pricing – Ezoic’s ‘free’ (ad supported) model is our most popular option. After a 30 day free trial period, Ezoic keeps the revenue from a small, unobtrusive ad at the bottom of some of the test visits (see below). Because Ezoic’s publishers make way more with Ezoic, the use of their system is effectively free
2. Layout Tester
Ezoic’s Layout Tester allows publishers to benefit from automatic website testing of both page layouts and automated ad placements.
- Layout optimization – Having the best layout for your content and visitor base is the secret to earning you an additional income of 200% and improves user experience metrics such as time on site, pageviews per visit, and bounce rate
- Saves time and resources – Testing hundreds of layouts on mobile, tablet and desktop can be time consuming, expensive, and technically challenging. That’s where Ezoic comes into play. Ezoic is fully automated, free to use, and doesn’t require any additional time commitment or technical input from you. Ezoic gives you the ability to test hundreds of layouts to find what your visitors like best. So, you get the benefit of happier visitors and more money all at no cost to you
3. Site Speed Accelerator
Ezoic’s Site Speed Accelerator allows you to quickly test and implement advanced site speed optimizations on your site. This allows you to see what site speed adjustments are able to produce the best user experiences, page speed scores, and other related goals.
- Instantly increases website speed, page load times, and PageSpeed Insights scores. With one-click, a site’s mobile Google PageSpeed Insights score will be 80+, guaranteed
- Works on every kind of website (WordPress, Joomla, Custom PHP, etc.)
- No approval is required to use the Site Speed Accelerator and all sites are compatible
- It is a standalone feature which means that it does not require any other Ezoic products or features to be used, but it is a paid feature
4. Additional features
- Access to Ezoic’s free CDN – You get free access to Ezoic’s Amazon Cloud Servers (AWS) – with 4 data centres around the world to ensure your site is delivered to your users lightning-fast via the closest geographic centre
- Real time reporting like never before – Big Data Analytics built specifically for digital publishers. The information needed to fully understand visitors behaviour, session value, SEO, and other important information is all included and easy to find inside of Ezoic’s Big Data Analytics reported in real time
- Access to Ezoic’s Intelligent PWA Converter. This enables you to generate a PWA for mobile visitors that looks just like your current mobile site, creating a better, faster mobile experience for your users whilst also improving user experiences through multivariate testing
- Accessing the technology is very easy. All you need to do is point your nameservers to Ezoic. You control how much traffic to send to Ezoic, per device, and you can turn the system on/off with the click of a button and remove integration at any time. No contracts, no tie-ins, no minimum terms
Why most digital publishers prefer Ezoic over other ad networks?
Ezoic has firmly established themselves as one of the top options for publishers when it comes to monetizing websites. It’s well documented that their ability to leverage sophisticated machine learning and multivariate testing, can quickly increase your site’s ad revenue. Here are some of the top reasons premium publishers elect to leverage Ezoic on their websites.
1. Increase revenue per visitor/session
The most popular reason that digital publishers begin using Ezoic is so that they can leverage the Ad Tester application. Ad Tester allows digital publishers to set ad placeholders across their site that Ezoic will automatically test to better understand which ad positions, densities, and ad types produce the best visitor experiences and highest revenue yields on a per-visitor basis.
As Ad Tester learns how visitors respond to different ad placements and locations, it will automatically deliver each visitor a unique ad combination designed to balance their experience with the highest ad earnings that are potentially available. This maximizes revenue per visitor while maintaining healthy visitor experiences.
Publishers can plug-in Ezoic’s vast network of ad partners, use existing ad relationships, or even bring Ezoic into their Google DFP (Ad Manager). Ezoic leverages it’s smart machine learning core to understand when different ad combinations interrupt certain type visitor sessions. This helps maximize ad revenue per visit, rather than per page or per ad. Ad Tester is smart enough to learn how to make the publisher more money overall by maximizing the revenue for each visitor.
When publishers try to optimize RPMs or CPMs they often make less money because they fail to understand how the ads impact cumulative ad value over time or how ads affect the number of pages a reader visits. Ezoic automatically helps publishers optimize for revenue per visitor (also called EPMV, session revenue, and session RPM). This is something that is often preached by industry experts and ad ops professionals.
2. Make your site faster and more secure
Once integrated with Ezoic, digital publishers gain access to:
- Advanced DDoS Protection
- Lightning-fast CDN
- Free SSL (HTTPS)
The Ezoic’s Caching App allows websites access to a free, lightning-fast CDN (content delivery network) and advanced website caching best practices. Even if a publisher already has their own CDN in place, the Caching App can further assist with instituting website speed improvements for the actual website visitor. By analyzing real user requests and normal HTTP caching headers, the Ezoic Caching App will determine how long a page from your site should be cached. In other words, it is a smart cache that learns how visitors interact with your website and then hand-tunes your cache automatically.
By caching site pages, publishers can serve them to visitors faster. Beyond the DDoS protection and WAF provided upon integration, Ezoic offers publishers access to a free SSL certificate for their site. This means that publishers can easily move their sites to HTTPS or maintain their SSL at no cost. If a site isn’t currently HTTPS, there is not really a great reason not to make the move. Ezoic makes it easy and takes the annual cost of renewing an SSL out of the equation.
3. Real-time revenue reporting
Most digital publishers have watched their traffic in Google Analytic’s real-time visitor reporting, but few have probably watched how these visitors generate revenue in real-time. Ezoic is the most sophisticated provider of real-time revenue reporting. Publishers can see accurate predictions of their ad revenue in real-time – from all sources ‚ inside of Ezoic’s Big Data Analytics. Publishers can discover what geo-locations, traffic sources, pages, and types of visitors are driving revenue on their websites on a moment by moment basis.
4. Understand and improve visitor engagement
Publishers will often glance at Google Analytics and wonder about their bounce rate or average session duration and wonder if those metrics are good or bad for their website. Since every site is different, it can be hard to tell if those metrics are reflective of high visitor engagement or low visitor engagement on a particular site. Ezoic’s Big Data Analytics provides granular details on actual visitor engagement in a simplified and easy to understand manner.
Publishers can see predesigned reports in Ezoic that will highlight:
- Actual reader engagement (not idle or scrolling through navigation) by traffic source, landing page, device type, and more
- Data on which pages are the slowest and why
- How deeply visitors are scrolling down each page of your site
- Ad revenue earned by word count, author, topic, and traffic source
Understanding how visitors engage with a website can make it much easier to optimize. Publishers can determine which content is the most engaging, earns the most revenue, and quickly discover issues or challenges in the way certain visitors interact with the website. These insights immediately help publishers improve SEO, site speed, the amount of revenue they earn from new content, and more.
5. See top advertisers on your website
Ezoic Premium users can be able to see the top advertisers on their websites. This allows them to know the advertisers contributing a huge chunk of money to their ad revenue. Publishers often want to know what types of advertisers are appearing on their websites. This can be indicative of the quality of the advertisers (good quality advertisers typically pay more) and can also deliver useful insights for publisher sales teams.
Once a publisher understands what advertisers are spending the most to advertise on their site, they can use this info to have sales teams reach out directly to these advertisers. Additionally, it equips publishers with the ability to reach out to an advertiser’s competitor to sell things like sponsored content. It makes it much easier to approach a brand about a special sponsorship deal if they know their competitor is already advertising on your site.
6. Test emerging technology and site infrastructure
Many digital publishers are familiar with AMP, the open source accelerated mobile pages project sponsored by Google. Unfortunately, most do not have the time or development resources to invest in testing these types of technologies themselves. Ezoic provides conversion applications that allow publishers to easily test how emerging technologies might work on their websites. This includes:
- Google AMP
- Progressive Web Applications (PWAs)
- Misc. Script Integrations
Publishers that have struggled with the benefits of developing and maintaining an app interface for their audience can leverage tools like Ezoic’s PWA Creator to easily generate a sophisticated PWA for their site without investing thousands in development resources to do so. This allows publishers to send visitor push notifications right to their phone and provide mobile readers with a faster more intuitive interface.
Lastly, every publisher is always experimenting with new scripts that they throw in the headers and footers of their web pages. Publishers can then use Script Tester to only show scripts when they don’t impact revenue or performance. Ezoic’s Script Tester allows publishers to see how these scripts affect:
- Visitor Behavior
- Ad Revenue
- Site Speed
7. Integrate A.I. and data science into infrastructure
Ezoic’s machine learning and data models give publishers the ability to operate their own Google Ad Manager more efficiently and effectively. Ezoic can help publishers better deliver campaigns, improve user experiences, maximize the revenue generated from directly sold ads and the programmatic marketplace. Ezoic provides deeper insights and better data around how these campaigns are run and can equip data science and ad sales teams with the information needed to improve the way they run their respective departments.
Ezoic Premium is a subscription based service from Ezoic where publishers pay a monthly fee to access ads from higher paying advertisers, which are mostly huge brands. The higher paying ads then get served on your site, leading to higher revenue for you, the publisher. Ezoic premium members have access to advanced API gateways that allow them to pull data in from Ezoic. This allows publishers to integrate seamlessly with existing data management platforms and technologies for much higher revenues, user experiences and seamless delivery of campaigns.