Video ad networks connect video advertisers with advertising spaces across various websites. Video content is becoming more popular as the years go by. Video is a rapidly growing area and it’s important for publishers to consider including it in their content strategy. Not only this, videos are shown to consistently bring in high ad revenue. Website publishers should create video content and self host their own videos. This means more control over your video content and ads. Video ad networks primarily serve two types of video ads: instream and outstream.
Here are the top 10 best video ad networks for publishers.
Teads offers video monetization solutions for publishers. They provide interactive ad creatives and work with all demand sources. Their ad serving technology uses artificial intelligence and data to improve revenue for website publishers whilst making sure their inventory is high quality.
- Next-generation SSP
- Access to Teads Studio, which offers creative services to their users
- In-read (outstream) video ads
- Centralized reporting hub, including reports on viewability, audience, and inventory quality
2. OpenX Video
OpenX Video offers scalability in ad formats, selling models, and integration methods to drive revenue growth while maintaining high quality standards.
- Access to 45+ video first DSPs
- Leverage innovative video formats on desktop, mobile web, and mobile app including in-stream, out-stream, interstitial, opt-in, and more
- Availability across all major video ad servers, video players, and integrations including VAST tags, header bidding, and Open RTB
- Prebid adapter
3. Verizon Media
Verizon Media offers an end to end SSP for optimizing video advertising. Their ad targeting solution is built on direct relationships with consumers which means less reliance on cookies. They have been awarded with a Best of Tech ‘readers choice’ award.
- Access to a library of over 10 million syndicated videos from premium partners
- Integration with over 50 DSPs to improve revenue
- A revamped analytics reporting suite
- Emerging formats, such as video headerbidding and short-form video
AdPlayer.Pro provides outstream video advertising. They also offer an inbuilt HTML5 player. As a result, they allow website publishers to monetize content even without existing videos on site.
- IAB compliant video formats, alongside Google compliant ad categories
- Relative video player positioning on the page, without changes to site code or template
- Dedicated support team including 24 hour tech support and proactive account management
- Dashboard with aggregated data from multiple channels, and options to export statistics into different formats
Taboola Feed’s video ad units mirror the look and feel of a social network newsfeed. The scrolling feed style of advertising combines content and advertising to keep readers engaged.
- All in one reporting and management suite, including revenue reporting and tools to identify high & develop high performing content and traffic sources
- A range of additional video ad formats, including in-line, slider, and in-widget
- TAG verified and ads.txt integrated to help prevent domain spoofing and malvertising
- Integration of video displays with other content types, for example on site articles, and promoted products
6. Select Media
Select Media offers a solution that combines multiple monetization methods. They use algorithmic targeting to allow specific customer segments to see targeted ads.
- Combination of auction style (RTB) and fixed price purchase methods allows publishers to drive up competition for their ad space
- Interactive dashboard allows publishers to predict the success of their video campaigns and make edits to improve user interaction with their video ad units
- Fully managed service to help publishers geo-target both display and video monetization
- Full stack management of ads
Primis offers a video discovery engine which shows videos in a way that appears native to the site content. Their standout feature is one single ad unit to cover different formats.
- A.I targeting to help match the right ad to the right audience
- Custom made videos from content creation experts, as well as access to a library of videos to help provide relevant content to readers
- Promotion and distribution of a publisher’s own video content
- Trending Stories to ensure that videos relevant to breaking news can appear quickly on site
AppNexus has offered video monetization since 2015. Their SSP for publishers is highly touted in the industry.
- Headerbidding technology using Prebid to help ensure transparency and performance
- Yieldex was purchased by AppNexus in 2015, and now their ‘Yield Analytics’ tools are integrated into their dashboard, to help forecast and optimize results
- AppNexus handles both the seller side, and buyer side, meaning that the process is easier to do at scale
Spotx has a video first advertising technology, which provides a single point of access to manage all aspects of video ads. Both direct and programmatic ads compete in the same space in Spotx’s system.
- Videos in a range of formats, for example in-stream, out-stream, interstitial, OTT and short form
- Ability to create customised deals based on specific metrics, for example viewability or audience demographic
- Partnership with JW Player to help integrate video and ad management into a single solution
UnrulyX is Unruly’s self service ad management platform for publishers. It combines CTV, video and display ads.
- Fully supported account management and assistance to manage performance
- Tools to help create deals in various programmatic formats, for example Direct, Preferred or Open Auction deals
- UnrulyX Shield helps publishers ensure that their ad experience is high quality, and comes with a brand safety promise
- A marketplace of existing PMP deals to help match a site’s audience to high paying ad partners