Nothing is more disheartening for the customers than receiving a damaged parcel. The sender has to make sure that the parcel reaches successfully to the customers without any packaging issues. However, accidental damage via transport is possible; therefore, an effort has to be made to ensure that the packaging is effective, leading to fewer chances of damage. See, if the customers receive damaged parcels, it will drive them crazy, and you’ll have plenty of customer complaints.
So, why not take special care to facilitate your customers and maintain a good customer experience? Are you looking for relevant guidance in this regard? There is nothing to worry about because this article is right there to enlighten you. This article will throw light on the best tips for effective packaging to avoid damaged freight.
In the article
1. Use finest quality boxes
Consider using high-quality boxes that are well-constructed and new. However, you can also use old boxes, but it is not so recommended. This is because the boxes are mostly made up of cardboard material, and they can easily lose their strength. But if you still want to use the old boxes, make sure that there are no holes or old labels given on the boxes.
If you can afford it, it is even better to go for double-walled boxes for extra durability and protection. Use quality custom product boxes to impress your customers. They can be made highly attractive by employing typography or visual artwork. The custom product boxes create a better customer experience and make them feel special.
The roll-end tuck top boxes can be utilized for cosmetics, gift items, and decorations. These boxes secure the items well and are perfect to use. The roll end tuck top boxes have a dust flap that keeps away dust from entering the box. It also provides the convenience of access to the customers by providing a thumb notch and a lift tab.
2. Avoid using cloth bags or fabric
The cloth bags or fabric looks quite attractive, but they can’t protect your item. You must avoid using them because of their inability to support your item, even if a pad is employed in the bag with a bubble wrap. However, polybags are still better to consider if the items are already boxed. Similarly, jiffy bags can be used for lightweight or fragile items. But consider good quality boxes to adequately protect your item and avoid cloth bags and fabric as much as you can.
3. Bubble wrap is suitable for protection
There are many advantages of considering bubble wrap over other packing materials. For instance:
- Bubble wraps protect against shocks, vibration, and damage
- It adequately stores precious items and keeps them intact against any damage
- It is flexible, light-weighted, and abrasion-resistant
If you have to deliver small or large parcels, consider using bubble wraps for protection. You can even use extra layers of it for providing adequate protection to the items.
4. Choose the right pallet
Pallets are available in various sizes and shapes. So, pick the right pallet size for your item so that it can be transported easily. Here are some of the many tips and tricks for choosing the right pallet for your item:
- Consider wooden pallets for domestic shipment
- Use stretch wraps with pallets to secure your item
- Standard-sized pallets will save you money. Consider choosing them for standard-sized items
- Ensure that the chosen pallet can adequately hold the item’s weight
- Pallets should have bottom boards so that your items can be well-managed
5. Go for adequate padding
Proper padding will minimize any possible chances of damage. Therefore, utmost importance should be given to it. If the items are well-padded, they will ensure protection and safe arrival. You can use the following materials for adequate padding.
- Simple Bubble wraps
- Specialized adhesive bubble wraps
- Foam fillers
- Kraft paper
- Foam wraps
- Shredded paper
- Newspaper, etc.
6. Pay heed to the shipment monitoring technology
In today’s digitalized world, we should be updated to the current trends to understand people’s needs and requirements. The shipment monitoring technology is a great way to monitor the condition of assets and goods in transit. This is particularly important for items belonging to the pharmaceutical industry or high-tech equipment (for instance). Moreover, the customers can also track their items for being well-informed. Therefore, invest in this technology to generate a 100% customer satisfaction rate.
7. Use high-quality packaging tape
Well-sealed packages can be carried easily, and they also minimize the effects of any possible damage. Use high-quality packaging tape to secure your item. Seal the item tightly, and you would be good to go. Also, evenly distribute the tape over the flaps of the item to make it secure. Some of the good quality shipping tapes are:
- Scotch Brand Strapping Tape
- Mr. Pen Packing Tape
- T-REX Clear Packing Tape with Dispenser
- JARLINK Clear Packing Tape
- Scotch Tape Heavy Duty Shipping Packaging Tape
8. Fill the voids in your stack (if there are any)
Fill any voids in your stack and stabilize them. Here are few tips on how to stabilize your stack:
- Stabilize the boxes by choosing appropriate pallets
- Use slip sheets to protect the cargo
- Do not ignore wide gaps between the boards
- Consider choosing column stacks for safe shipment
- Use the strap for extra safety, and do not interlock the boxes
- The stacking in pyramids should be avoided
Though it is not possible to eliminate all chances of damaged freight; however, it is good to take precautionary steps (as mentioned above). Doing so will minimize the damaging effects, and it will ensure the safe movement of the parcels. One possible way to play it safe is to have custom product boxes designed specifically for your product weight, shape, and size. So, why not deliver the parcels effectively to fully satisfy your customers and make them happy?