A student pass is a document issued to applicants (foreign students) (section 30(1) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulations 2012, who wish to purse their education in Kenya’s Education or Training Institutions where they have been accepted or admitted. The applicant (foreign student) must be accepted as a student/pupil by an approved Educational or Training Establishment.
To apply for a student pass, follow this procedure.
Requirements for a student pass in Kenya
In order for one to be granted a student pass in Kenya, he/she must fulfill the following requirements.
- A duly filled, signed and stamped application Form 30, by the institution’s authorized personel (Both new and renewal cases) . You will print out the form at the end of the application for a Student pass. In case you want to reprint your application form, you can do so by going to “My Applications” section here
- Detailed and Signed Cover letter addressed to the Director of Immigration Services from the institution indicating the course to be pursued and the duration – both new and renewal cases
- Signed commitment letter from the sponsor – both new and renewal cases
- National passport copy of the sponsor – both new and renewal cases
- Proof of funds for self-sponsored students – both new and renewal cases
- For minors, consent letter from the parent – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of parent’s national passport and copy of birth certificate of the minor should be attached as proof of relationship (for minors) – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of a valid national passport both new and renewal cases (the bio-data page)
- Current immigration status for the pupil/student – both new and renewal cases (If in the country)
- Two (2) recent passport size color photos – both new and renewal cases
- Duly certified Copies of basic academic certificates for those joining Tertiary Institutions and Universities -new cases
- Documents in foreign languages should be translated into English by either the Embassy, Public Notary, or authorized /recognized institution -both new and renewal cases
- Copy of the school’s/college registration certificate from the Ministry of Education – new cases
- Clearance letter from Department of Refugee Affairs for refugees – both new and renewal cases
- Certified copies of progress report/transcripts obtained(by the issuing institution) – for renewal cases
- Copy of student’s pass previously held -for renewal cases
- For minor attach a copy of parent’s kenya residence permit if not a boarder
- Police Clearance Certificate from the country of origin, or if a resident, from the Kenya Police Service
- Copy of Checklist. Click here to download