A research/internship pass is issued to foreigner(s) seeking to enter and remain in Kenya for the purpose of undertaking internship or an academic research within Kenya. The applicant must be accepted as researcher or intern in an institution within Kenya.
To apply for a research/internship pass, follow this procedure.
Requirements for a research/internship pass in Kenya
In order for one to be granted a research/internship pass in Kenya, he/she must fulfill the following requirements.
- A duly filled, signed and stamped application Form 30, by the institution’s authorized personnel (Both new and renewal cases) . You will print out the form at the end of the application for a Student pass. In case you want to reprint your application form, you can do so by going to “My Applications” section here
- Detailed and Signed cover letter from the institution indicating the internship or research topic to be pursued and the duration and should be addressed to the Director of Immigration Services
- Copy of a valid national passport (the bio-data page)
- Current immigration status of the pupil/student(if in the country)
- Two (2) recent passport size color photos
- Duly certified copies of academic certificates and CV
- Documents in foreign languages should be translated into English by either the Embassy, Public Notary, or authorized /recognized institution
- Copy of research permit from the National Council for science and Technology for those undertaking research programs
- Police Clearance Certificate from the country of origin, or if a resident, from the Kenya Police Service
- Copy of Checklist. Click here to download