A transit visa is a temporary visa issued to a person who stays in a country for a short period of time during their journey. It’s not required for people connecting flights directly without leaving the airport. A Kenyan transit visa is valid for 3 days (72 hours) and is issued to people connecting through Kenya to other destinations. Kenyan transit visa is non-extendable, non-convertible and not valid for visiting protected/restricted areas.
Requirements for a Kenyan transit visa
- Two copies of valid passport/travel document with a validity of at least 6 months
- Two Visa application forms to be duly filled, signed and dated
- Two copies of onward ticket/itinerary to a third destination
- Two passport size photos of the applicant, taken within 6 months
- At least one blank page in the holder’s passport
- A transit visa in Kenya will cost you $20