The National Integrated Identity Management System (NIIMS), code-named Huduma Namba, is a national programme for integrated biometric registration of all Kenyan citizens and foreigners residing in the country. It seeks to establish a master population register that will be the single source of truth on a person’s identification in Kenya. The data collected from this exercise will be securely stored and shared with different government agencies to facilitate Strategic Planning in the country. Kenyans living abroad are required to apply for Huduma Namba at the Kenyan Embassies or Missions.
You will be required to avail the following when registering for Huduma Namba.
- Identification documents
- National Identity card or Kenyan Passport for those over 18 years
- Birth certificate for those under 18 years
- Other relevant documents (if available)
- Kenyan Driving licence
- National Social Security Fund (NSSF) card
- National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) card
- Kenya Revenue Authority Certificate (KRA PIN)
- Present yourself in person at the Kenyan Embassy or Mission
How to apply for Huduma Namba
Follow this procedure to apply for Huduma Namba.
- Create an account at the Huduma Namba Portal
- You will receive an email with a temporary password
- Log into the portal and fill the data capture form online
- A serial number will be issued upon successful filling in of the form
- Present yourself to the Huduma Namba Registration Assistant (RA) at the Kenyan Embassy or Mission for capture of fingerprint biometrics, identification document(s) and passport photo. Remember to carry original identification document(s) and the serial number issued upon filling the online form
- Parents/guardians may use their accounts to register minors. Biometric data will not be captured for children under the age of 6 years
- The biometrics and document capture cannot be executed unless the applicant has completed the online application form and received the serial numbers