If you’re a TikTok veteran, you probably have dozens, if not hundreds, of videos saved in your likes. Liking videos is a great way to tell the creator you enjoyed their content, an even better way to show the app what type of content you enjoy, and also a good method for recalling content that you may have enjoyed. But did you know you can control who can see your liked TikToks? Thanks to a privacy setting within the app, you can hide your likes on TikTok. Here’s how:
- Open TikTok app, then tap ‘Profile’ on the bottom right
- Tap the three bars on the top right corner
- Tap ‘Settings and privacy’, then tap ‘Privacy’
- Scroll down to the ‘Safety’ section and find where it says ‘Liked videos’
- On the next screen, you’ll have the option to choose either ‘Everyone’ or ‘Only me’
- To make your liked videos private, make sure the ‘Only me’ option is selected
Now, you’re the only person who can see your liked TikTok videos. To see your liked videos, tap ‘Profile’ on the bottom right hand corner of the app, then tap on the heart logo, which should now have an eye with a strike through it.