Tinder is one of the most popular dating apps in the world frequented by most people looking for their match. The platform has a photo verification system that allows you to verify your profile, showing potential matches you’re really you. On the flip side, when you see a checkmark on someone else’s profile, you know they’re the real deal. Photo Verification gives you an opportunity to make more informed decisions before you like or reject, and is just one of the ways we keep Tinder a safe space for meeting new people.
How to apply for Tinder verified badge
Follow these steps to have your account verified on tinder.
- Open Tinder and tap the profile icon
- Tap the gray checkmark by your name/age
- Select ‘Verify your profile’ to begin
- You’ll be shown a pose and we’ll ask you to copy that pose by taking a selfie
- Confirm that your selfie matches the pose and hit ‘Submit for review’
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 one more time
After submission, Tinder will use a combo of trusty humans and facial recognition technology to compare the facial geometry in the selfies you submit and in your profile pics. They’ll then let you know when your account has been verified and a checkmark will appear on your profile.