Spotify is one of the most popular digital music streaming services in the world. With a huge library, it gives you access to millions of songs, podcasts, and videos from artists all over the world. Through its extremely user-friendly playlists, features, and app, Spotify is a great way for artists and bands to recruit fans and listeners and, to climb the charts. Being a verified artist on Spotify means a lot more than just getting a little blue check by your name.
It can significantly assist with catching the attention of playlist curators, other major influencers, and help you in growing a sizable following. Spotify shows listeners that an artist is the real deal by using a blue tick or checkmark. Verification is done through Spotify for Artists. Spotify for Artists is a service provided by Spotify that allows artists to manage their profile and access to stats and tools. Including detailed analytics data, profile updating, and playlist curators pitching.
Being a verified Spotify artist opens doors to exciting features and tools, the main benefits being:
- Spotify verification gives you a fantastic opportunity to increase your fan base, get playlists and new listeners
- Spotify’s algorithms would prioritize your music. This helps you to be taken more seriously by playlist curators and get noticed by labels and the press
- The recognisable blue check mark next to your artist name. A verified profile gives you a professional look as an artist
- Access to Spotify for Artists
- Artist profile customization with pictures, bio, link, and playlists
- Analytics and insights
- Direct submission to playlist curators
- ‘Artist Pick’ feature
- Merch and tour listing
- All exclusive features and tools developed by Spotify
Requirements to apply for a Spotify verified badge
Your music needs to be properly uploaded and visible on your artist profile. Your music should already be live on Spotify. If you’ve just released your first album or single and you don’t yet have anything on Spotify, you’ll have to wait for your release to go live before applying for Spotify verification. Alternatively, you can ask your label or distributor for the URI link to your Spotify artist profile.
How to apply for Spotify verification
Inorder to be verified on Spotify, follow these steps.
- Get access to Spotify for Artists
- Login into your Spotify account or create a new one
- Confirm whether you’re an artist, manager, label, or other. Select your name, account, and which email address you’d like to use for notifications
- Click ‘Claim Your Profile’
Search your artist name in the search bar or past the URI link to your artist profile
- Click ‘Submit’
- It can take a few days for Spotify to give you access. Once you have access to Spotify for Artists, the blue checkmark should appear next to your artist name
Are you in a band? No problem. When your request is granted you’ll be able to add your team from your Spotify for Artists dashboard.