SoundCloud is a online audio distribution platform and music sharing website that enables its users to upload, promote, and share audio, as well as a digital signal processor enabling listeners to stream audio. A verified profile is a confirmation that the account is held by the creator it presents and therefore authentic. Official blue checkmarks show up in search and on profiles of verified creators, to help well-known artists stand out and maintain their authenticity, to help identify emerging artists who are notable and highly searched for, and to help listeners identify these artists more easily.
If you’re a creator who would like to request verification, your account has to meet these requirements:
- It represents a well-known and/or highly searched-for artist, collective, DJ, label, curator or podcaster
- It must be a unique profile. SoundCloud does not verify fan accounts or impersonators
- It must have a bio, profile photo and at least one track uploaded
How to apply for SoundCloud verification
If you think you should be verified on SoundCloud, then;
- Log on to your SoundCloud account using your computer
- Head to your settings
- Click on the ‘Request verification’ button
It could take up to 30 days for our team to review your request. If you are a Pro Unlimited subscriber your application review will be prioritized. If your application is rejected, you can reapply for verification in 30 days.