WhatApp does not provide means by which someone can download, share or repost a WhatsApp status. You may have a seen a good intriguing status shared by your contact, and wondering how you can download or share it. Well, most people will resort to asking that contact to share the status with them or screenshot it. But that is kind of annoying, asking people every time to share with you. And as you know, screenshots don’t apply on videos and my not be convenient in case the person posted the status with a caption covering the picture. Also, at times you may want to get that status without alerting/asking the contact that initially shared it. Taking all this into consideration, there is a way you can download the status with a third-party app.
How to download a WhatsApp status
You will need an app to be able to download, share or repost a WhatsApp status.
- Follow this link
- Install the app and open it
- The app will display all the status from your contacts from the most recent to the earliest ones
- Check the desired status, either images or videos
- Open the status you want to download or share
- Click the plus ‘+’ button on the bottom right corner of the status
- You will see options; Save, Share, Repost or Delete
- Select the option you want
- To download, click ‘Save’ and the image/video will instantly be saved to your gallery