Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is a State Corporation that provides career guidance and selects students for admission to universities, national polytechnics, technical training institutes and other accredited higher learning institutions for Government of Kenya-sponsored programmes.
KUCCPS is the Government of Kenya body mandated to undertake the selection of students for admission to higher learning institutions for Government sponsorship. Through the online portal, one can access information concerning available programmes in different institutions, programme clusters, preceding cut-off points, weighed cluster points, and the procedure of application.
In order to make use of the KUCCPS student portal, you have to create an online account.
- Access the KUCCPS student portal
- Click on ‘Login’
- Type in your KCSE index number
- Type your exam year
- Then enter your password. Your initial password should be your birth certificate number or your KCPE index number if you are not in a position to get the birth certificate number
How to apply for courses on KUCCPS
To apply for placement in an institution of higher learning for a government sponsored course, you need to follow these steps.
- Log into the KUCCPS student portal
- Once you log in, you will see all the courses under-head titled ‘Programs’ on the menu section
- Compare clusters and points that will dictate the courses you can take depending on your grade
- Next, input the 7-digit code for the course you desire to study
- Then, click ‘Application/Revision’ as your option
- Follow the prompts step by step after this to complete your application
- You need to pay when applying for the first time or when applying for a revision. Candidates who paid the placement fees through their secondary schools will not be required to pay during their first and second revisions. First applicants will pay Ksh 1,500 and Ksh 1,000 for revision
How to revise courses on KUCCPS
KUCCPS expects candidates who fail to secure a course in their first revision to participate in the second revision on a mandatory basis to avoid losing out on the exercise. The second and final revision of certificate, diploma, and degree courses is equally open to your choice but with limited courses on offer.
For this reason, prospective candidates should make a degree, diploma, and certificate choices to different unfilled capacities listed in the portal. If you have the required points and yet your index numbers are not documented on KUCCPS website, then it means that you have already secured a place in the career and institution that you chose.
This implies that the placement board accepted your first application to join selected learning programmes, and you will receive official communication at the end of the placement process. The second revision of courses by KUCCPS is also another lucrative opportunity for candidates who failed to submit their applications before clearing school and during the first revision.
For revision of courses on KUCCPS, follow this procedure.
- Log into the KUCCPS student portal
- Click on the link titled ‘Application/Revision’ to initiate your revision process
- Provide the programme codes for the revised choices recorded on the ‘New program code’ column
- Tick on ‘Select to revise’ column
- All your choices will be displayed upon accurate completion of the form
- In case of errors highlighted in red colour, make the necessary corrections and save again
- On clicking the button indicated ‘View Previous Choices’ will display your earlier application choices. Clicking on ‘View Current Choices’ will show your current programmes
- You need to pay when applying for a revision. Candidates who paid the placement fees through their secondary schools will not be required to pay during their first and second revisions. Those students applying for revision will pay Ksh 1,000
How to pay for applying or revising courses on KUCCPS
This is the procedure for making payment when applying or revising courses on KUCCPS.
- Go to the M-Pesa menu on your phone
- Choose the Pay Bill option
- Key in Business No. 820201
- Enter your 4 digits exam year, followed by your index number as the account number. (e.g 2017xxxxxxxxx)
- Enter the amount, Ksh 1,500 for first time application or Ksh 1,000 for revision
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN and send