A special pass is issued under regulation 34 of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulations, 2012 to person(s) to foreign nationals or businesses. This type of pass is issued for a duration of one month or a period not exceeding three months, and cannot be renewed or transferred after three months. It’s issued to foreigners who wish to enter Kenya or remain in Kenya for;
- A limited period for the purpose of applying a review of a decision denying a permit
- Applying for a permit or pass
- Temporarily conducting any business, trade or profession
- A dully filled and signed Form 32 – Special Pass online application form (Stamped by Institution). You will print out the form at the end of the application for a special pass. In case you want to reprint your application form, you can do so by going to “My Applications” section here
- Detailed and signed cover letter addressed to the Director of Immigration Services from the applicant/organization
- Two (2) recent passport size color photos.
- Copy of passport (the bio-data page)
- Current Immigration status if in the country
- Copy of Registration Certificate for the organization
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates
- Documents in foreign languages should be translated into English by either the Embassy, Public Notary, or authorized /recognized institution
- Copy of any permit or passes held.
- Copy of any official receipt or acknowledgement for those waiting for permits processing.
- Clearance letter from the relevant authorities
- Copy of checklist. Click here to download
How to apply for a special pass in Kenya
To apply for a special pass, you need to follow these steps.
- Create a log in account within the Government of Kenya Single Sign On portal
- Log in using the account you have created above to access eFNS portal
- Once logged in the eFNS portal, select the “Apply now” link
- Click on the “Submit Applications” tab and select the Special pass tab. If you are already logged in to eFNS, you can click here to make an application
- After your application is approved, an invoice will be generated which you can see by clicking on “Dashboard” then “Payments” Tab. If you have already logged in eFNS, you can click here to make a payment
- If unable to pay using any of the online modes, print your invoice by clicking on “Dashboard” then “Payments” Tab (If you have already logged in eFNS, you can click here to print your invoice)
- Present your invoice and Banker’s cheque at the Immigration Counter at Nyayo House, Nairobi for payments
- You shall receive automatic notifications via email and on your online account about the progress of your application