Edit A research/internship pass is issued to foreigner(s) seeking to enter and remain in Kenya for the purpose of undertaking internship or an academic research within Kenya. The applicant must be accepted as researcher or intern in an institution within Kenya.
Note: Before you proceed to apply for a research/internship pass, you must first meet these requirements.
How to apply for a research/internship pass in Kenya
- Create a log in account within the Government of Kenya Single Sign On portal
- Log in using the account you have created above to access eFNS portal
- Once logged in the eFNS portal, select the “Apply now” link
- Click on the “Submit Applications” tab and select the Student pass tab. If you are already logged in to eFNS, you can click here to make an application
- After your application is approved, an invoice will be generated which you can see by clicking on “Dashboard” then “Payments” Tab. If you have already logged in eFNS, you can click here to make a payment
- If unable to pay using any of the online modes, print your invoice by clicking on “Dashboard” then “Payments” Tab (If you have already logged in eFNS, you can click here to print your invoice)
- Present your invoice and Banker’s cheque at the Immigration Counter at Nyayo House, Nairobi for payments
- You shall receive automatic notifications via email and on your online account about the progress of your application