Taylor Alison Swift is an American singer-songwriter. She is known for narrative songs about her personal life, which have received widespread media coverage. Her 2006 eponymous debut album was the longest-charting album of the 2000s in the US. Its third single, “Our Song”, made her the youngest person to single-handedly write and perform a number-one song on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Swift’s second album, Fearless, was released in 2008. Buoyed by the pop crossover success of the singles “Love Story” and “You Belong with Me”, it became the US’s best-selling album of 2009 and was certified diamond in the US. The album won four Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year.
Swift was the sole writer of her 2010 album Speak Now, which won two Grammy Awards and was her first to debut with over a million copies sold in the first week in the US. Her fourth album, Red (2012), yielded her first Billboard Hot 100 number-one single, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”. For her fifth album and first all-pop project, 1989 (2014), she won three Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year, and became the first woman to replace herself at number one on the Hot 100, with the singles “Shake It Off” and “Blank Space”. Her sixth album, Reputation (2017), made her the only act to have four consecutive albums each sell one million copies in their first week in the US, while yielding her fifth Hot 100 number-one song, with “Look What You Made Me Do”.
With her seventh album, Lover (2019), she became the first woman in US history to have six albums sell over 500,000 units in their first week. Having sold more than 50 million albums – including 37 million in the US, Swift is one of the world’s best-selling music artists and the highest-earning female musician of the 2010s. She has won 10 Grammy Awards, a Brit Award, an Emmy Award, six Guinness World Records and is the most-awarded act at the American Music Awards with 29 wins, and most-awarded woman at the Billboard Music Awards with 23 wins. As a songwriter, Swift has been honored by the Songwriters Hall of Fame. She was honored with International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI)’s Global Recording Artist of the Year in 2014 and 2019.
Some of the quotes from Taylor Swift are listed below.
- “Anytime somebody tells me I can’t do something, I want to do it more.” – Taylor Swift
- “As your career grows, the list of things that make you happy should not become smaller, it should become bigger.” – Taylor Swift
- “At some point, you grow out of being attracted to that flame that burns you over and over and over again.” – Taylor Swift
- “Even if it ends badly, it’s worth it if it made you feel something, it taught you something.” – Taylor Swift
- “Happiness and confidence are the prettiest things you can wear.” – Taylor Swift
- “Here’s what I’ve learned about deal-breakers: If you have enough natural chemistry with someone, you overlook every single thing that you said would break the deal.” – Taylor Swift
- “I think every girl’s dream is to find a bad boy at the right time, when he wants to not be bad anymore.” – Taylor Swift
- “I think fearless is having fears but jumping anyway.” – Taylor Swift
- “I’m very aware and conscious of the path I chose in life, and very aware of the path I didn’t choose.” – Taylor Swift
- “In life and love, you learn that there comes a time to let go and move on.” – Taylor Swift
- “It’s so devastating to come to terms with speaking of someone in the past tense, when you used to see them as your present and your future.” – Taylor Swift
- “Just be yourself. There is no one better.” – Taylor Swift
- “Knowing who you are and being independent and strong, will be attractive to the right guy.” – Taylor Swift
- “No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.” – Taylor Swift
- “Now more than ever, we need to be good and kind to each other. And not judge each other – and just because you have the same taste in men, we don’t hold that against each other.” – Taylor Swift
- “One thing I’ve learnt is not to change who you are, because eventually you’re going to run out of new things to become.” – Taylor Swift
- “People are software running on hardware, both built for lives we no longer live.” – Taylor Swift
- “People haven’t always been there for me, but music always has.” – Taylor Swift
- “So don’t you worry your pretty little mind, because people throw rocks at things that shine.” – Taylor Swift
- “Sometimes the person you’d take a bullet for is the person behind the trigger.” – Taylor Swift
- “Spending a lot of time alone, gave me a lot of time to think. A lot of time to think, gave me the time to write songs.” – Taylor Swift
- “The only words you’ll regret more than the ones you left unsaid, are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.” – Taylor Swift
- “The thing about life is, every time you learn a lesson, another one is waiting right at the corner. You never know everything.” – Taylor Swift
- “There’s two ways you can get through pain. You can let it destroy you, or you can use it as fuel to drive you; to dream bigger, work harder.” – Taylor Swift
- “We don’t need to share the same opinions as others, but we need to be respectful.” – Taylor Swift
- “We should love, not fall in love, because everything that falls gets broken.” – Taylor Swift
- “You are not the opinion of someone who doesn’t know you.” – Taylor Swift