Donald John Trump is the 45th and current president of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality. He took charge of his family’s real-estate business in 1971, renamed it The Trump Organization, and expanded its operations from Queens and Brooklyn into Manhattan. He owned the Miss Universe and Miss USA beauty pageants from 1996 to 2015 and produced and hosted The Apprentice, a reality television show, from 2003 to 2015.
Trump entered the 2016 presidential race as a Republican and defeated 16 other candidates in the primaries. His political positions have been described as populist, protectionist, and nationalist. Despite not being favored in most forecasts, he was elected over Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, although he lost the popular vote. He became the oldest first-term U.S. president, and the first without prior military or government service. His election and policies have sparked numerous protests.
Trump has made many false or misleading statements during his campaign and presidency. The statements have been documented by fact-checkers, and the media have widely described the phenomenon as unprecedented in American politics. Many of his comments and actions have also been characterized as racially charged or racist. On December 18, 2019, Trump became the third president of the United States to be impeached. The House of Representatives impeached him for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The Senate acquitted him of both charges on February 5, 2020.
Some of the best quotes from Donald Trump are listed below.
- “A lot of people don’t like to win. They actually don’t know how to win, and they don’t like to win because down deep inside they don’t want to win.” – Donald Trump
- “Anyone who thinks my story is anywhere near over is sadly mistaken.” – Donald Trump
- “Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you’re generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make.” – Donald Trump
- “I always want to think of myself as an underdog.” – Donald Trump
- “I have an attention span that’s as long as it has to be.” – Donald Trump
- “I judge people based on their capability, honesty, and merit.” – Donald Trump
- “I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That’s where the fun is.” – Donald Trump
- “I wasn’t satisfied just to earn a good living. I was looking to make a statement.” – Donald Trump
- “I’m competitive, and I love to create challenges for myself. Maybe that’s not always a good thing. It can make life complicated.” – Donald Trump
- “I’ve been making deals all my life.” – Donald Trump
- “If you love what you do, if you love going to the office, if you really like it – not just say it, but really like it – it keeps you young and energized. I really love what I do.” – Donald Trump
- “If you’re interested in ‘balancing’ work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable.” – Donald Trump
- “In real life, if I were firing you, I’d tell you what a great job you did, how fantastic you are, and how you can do better someplace else. If somebody steals, that’s different, but generally speaking, you want to let them down as lightly as possible. It’s not a very pleasant thing. I don’t like firing people.” – Donald Trump
- “In the end, you’re measured not by how much you undertake but by what you finally accomplish.” – Donald Trump
- “Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game.” – Donald Trump
- “Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.” – Donald Trump
- “Sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make.” – Donald Trump
- “The point is that you can’t be too greedy.” – Donald Trump
- “The way I run my business seems to be easier than the way I run my life.” – Donald Trump
- “What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.” – Donald Trump
- “When somebody challenges you, fight back. Be brutal, be tough.” – Donald Trump
- “Without passion you don’t have energy, without energy you have nothing.” – Donald Trump
- “You have to think anyway, so why not think big?” – Donald Trump
- “You know the funny thing, I don’t get along with rich people. I get along with the middle class and the poor people better than I get along with the rich people.” – Donald Trump
- “You learn their honesty, you learn their competitiveness. You learn a lot about a person. It’s not that they have to sink the putt and there’s a great deal of talent involved – but you do learn about how competitive a person is on the golf course, and frankly, how honest.” – Donald Trump