Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer and actress. She rose to fame in the late 1990s as the lead singer of Destiny’s Child, one of the best-selling girl groups of all time. During Destiny’s Child’s hiatus, Beyoncé made her theatrical film debut with a role in the US box-office number-one Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002) and recorded her first solo album, Dangerously in Love (2003), which debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart. It also featured the Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles “Crazy in Love” and “Baby Boy”.
In 2006, she released her second solo album, B’Day, which contained the US number-one single “Irreplaceable”, as well as the UK number-one singles “Déjà Vu” and “Beautiful Liar”. Her third album, I Am… Sasha Fierce (2008), earned a record-setting six Grammy Awards in 2010. It spawned the UK number-one single “If I Were a Boy” and the US number-one single “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)”. Beyoncé received widespread critical acclaim for her albums, Beyoncé (2013) and Lemonade (2016); the latter became the world’s best-selling album of 2016. She became the first and only music act in Billboard 200 chart history to debut at number one with their first six solo studio albums.
Beyoncé is one of the world’s best-selling music artists, having sold over 100 million records worldwide. Her success during the 2000s was recognized with the Recording Industry Association of America’s Top Certified Artist of the Decade, as well as Billboard magazine’s Top Radio Songs Artist and the Top Female Artist of the Decade. Beyoncé is the most nominated woman in the Grammy Award’s history, with a total of 24 wins. She is also the most awarded artist at the MTV Video Music Awards, with 24 wins, including the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.
Some of the best quotes from Beyoncé are listed below.
- “For me, it’s about the way I carry myself and the way I treat other people. My relationship and how I feel about God and what He does for me, is something deeply personal. It’s where I came from, my family, I was brought up in a religious household and that’s very important to me.” – Beyoncé
- “I always try to be myself. Ever since I was an introverted kid, I’d get on stage and be able to break out of my shell.” – Beyoncé
- “I can never be safe; I always try and go against the grain. As soon as I accomplish one thing, I just set a higher goal. That’s how I’ve gotten to where I am.” – Beyoncé
- “I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.” – Beyoncé
- “I don’t really like to call myself a brand, and I don’t like to think of myself as a brand. I’m a singer, a songwriter, a musician and a performer. And an actress, and all the other things that I do. When you add it all together, some might call it a brand, but that’s not my focus.” – Beyoncé
- “I feel like you get more bees with honey. But that doesn’t mean I don’t get frustrated in my life. My way of dealing with frustration is to shut down and to think and speak logically.” – Beyoncé
- “I get nervous when I don’t get nervous. If I’m nervous I know I’m going to have a good show.” – Beyoncé
- “I hold a lot of things in. I’m always making sure everybody is okay. I usually don’t rage; I usually don’t curse. So for me, it’s a great thing to be able to scream and say whatever I want.” – Beyoncé
- “I love my job, but it’s more than that: I need it.” – Beyoncé
- “I think music is something that can, and should, be used to get you into different things because eventually what goes up must come down – we’re not going to be the number one group in the world forever – so you have to have something else to fall back on.” – Beyoncé
- “I truly believe that women should be financially independent from their men. And let’s face it, money gives men the power to run the show. It gives men the power to define value. They define what’s sexy. And men define what’s feminine. It’s ridiculous.” – Beyoncé
- “I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me.” – Beyoncé
- “I wanted to sell a million records, and I sold a million records. I wanted to go platinum; and I went platinum. I’ve been working nonstop since I was 15. I don’t even know how to chill out.” – Beyoncé
- “My focus is my art, and that’s what I love to do. I have to be really passionate in order to do something. I’ve turned down many things that I just didn’t believe in.” – Beyoncé
- “Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.” – Beyoncé
- “Strong enough to bear the children. Then get back to business.” – Beyoncé
- “The more successful I become, the more I need a man.” – Beyoncé
- “The reality is, sometimes you lose.” – Beyoncé
- “To be able to travel the world, especially to places I never thought I’d be… it’s really, you know, still fascinating for me.” – Beyoncé
- “We all have our imperfections. But I’m human, and you know, it’s important to concentrate on other qualities besides outer beauty.” – Beyoncé
- “We all have our purpose, we all have our strengths.” – Beyoncé
- “We’re African-American and we work together as a family, so people assume we’re like the Jacksons. But I didn’t have parents using me to get out of a bad situation.” – Beyoncé
- “When you love and accept yourself, when you know who really cares about you, and when you learn from your mistakes, then you stop caring about what people who don’t know you think.” – Beyoncé
- “When you really don’t like a guy, they’re all over you, and as soon as you act like you like them, they’re no longer interested.” – Beyoncé
- “Whenever I’m confused about something, I ask God to reveal the answers to my questions, and he does.” – Beyoncé