Airtel Smart Home is a pre-paid service that allows you to have fast and reliable internet at the comfort of your home. Once registered, you will be given a router that will enable you to have wireless and LAN access. Airtel Smart Home is perfect if you’re looking for a fast and easy to setup home broadband connection. Smart Home offers customers a faster and better experience in data connectivity with its mobility feature that can allow them to travel with their router and use it away from home. The router is a plug and play gadget that allows connectivity of up to 32 devices in the same locality. The Airtel Wi-Fi router costs Ksh 7,499 and comes bundled with 25GB free of charge.
Airtel Smart Home packages
Airtel Smart Home has three types of packages.
- Home 2000
- Home 3000
- Home 4000
Package subscription fees
Here are the monthly subscription fees for each package.
Airtel Wi-Fi router features
The Airtel Wi-Fi router comes with the following features.
- High Speed- 4G
- Plug and play
- Portable and quick to set up
- Enables multiple connections at a time (up to 32 devices)
- Free 4G SIM card
How to get connected to Airtel Smart Home
To get connected to Airtel Smart Home, follow these steps.
- You must be living within Smart Home zones
- Fill and return the Airtel Smart Home application forms provided by the Airtel representative on the ground or visit any of our Airtel outlets for more information
- Once you complete the Airtel application form, make the payment and the representative will hand you a 4G router together with an Airtel SIM
- Your username and password will be indicated on the device upon opening the box
How to connect the Airtel Wi-Fi router
You can connect your Airtel Wi-Fi router by following this procedure.
- Insert your SIM card into the Airtel Router and Power it ON
- Search for the Wi-Fi device name (SSID) as displayed on the back of the device
- When asked for the password enter the password as displayed on the device
- Open your favourite Internet web browser and type http://192.168.1.1 Note: make sure you have disabled your proxy
How to subscribe to Airtel Smart Home bundles
There two ways you can use to subscribe to Airtel Smart Home bundles.
- Via USSD
- Dial *400#
- Select Airtel HomeNet Bundles
- Enter the Mobile Number of your router
- Select your preferred package and subscribe
- Via GUI
- Open your favorite internet web browser and type http://192.168.1.1
- Note: make sure you have disabled your proxy
- Click on Balance checker and input USSD code *544# or *400#